Peter Wallace (ADRP rep. on the Dalhousie Benefits Advisory Committee) reports that five important decisions were made on Monday, Feb. 22, 2021:
- The premiums for the EHB and Travel Plans will be reduced 12% to the single rate of $35.72 /mo and for family $71.65 /mo,
- The Hearing Aid benefit will become $700 every 3 calendar years,
- The continuous glucose monitoring benefits will continue as $3000 for the monitor and $200 for equipment and supplies,
- Occupational therapist will be added to the list of para-medical practitioner benefit, and
- Retiree’s whose year of birth is 1934 or earlier will continue to receive the Premium Holiday as before.
These benefits are to begin starting April 1st, 2021. The ADRP will publish more on these decisions in the next newsletter in April and once the decisions are forwarded officially in writing to Medavie Blue Cross you will most likely get a notice from the Dalhousie Benefits Office.